WHY THIS NOTICE
This page describes how the site is managed in relation to the processing of personal data of users consulting the site. This information statement is also given under Art. 13 of the Legislative Decree No. 196/2003 – Code regarding the protection of personal data to those who interact with the web services of OnlinePrices.co.uk. electronically accessible from the address:
THE “DATA CONTROLLER”
Data of identified or identifiable persons consulting this site may be processed. The “Data Controller” is Pinguyweb, an italian web agency with registered office in Viale del Ledra, 90, Udine, Italy.
PLACE OF DATA PROCESSING
Data processing related to the web services of this site takes place at the above-mentioned office of Pinguyweb is only handled by technical staff of the Office in charge of data processing, or by any staff in charge of occasional maintenance operations. No data deriving from the web service are communicated or disclosed. The personal data of users who request the sending of informative material (bulletins, CD-ROMs, newsletters, annual reports, answers to questions, etc.) are used for the sole purpose of providing or performing the service requested and are communicated to third parties only if this is necessary for that purpose.
TYPES OF DATA PROCESSED
The computer systems and software procedures used to run this website acquire, during their normal operation, some personal data whose transmission is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. This information is not collected to be associated with identified persons concerned, but by its very nature could, through processing and associations with data held by third parties, allow users to be identified. This data category includes IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by users connecting to the site, the addresses in URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) notation of the requested resources, time of request, method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in reply, the numerical code indicating the status of the reply given by the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters related to the operating system and computer environment of the user. These data are used only to obtain anonymous statistical information about site use and to check its correct functioning and are deleted immediately after processing. Data could be used to ascertain responsibility in case of hypothetical computer crimes against the site: with the exception of this possibility, currently web contact data are not kept for more than seven days.
Data provided voluntarily by the user
The optional, explicit and voluntary sending of e-mail to the addresses listed on this site involves the subsequent acquisition of the sender’s address, needed to reply to requests, and any other personal data included in the message. Specific summary information statements will be progressively posted or displayed on the website pages dedicated to particular services on request.
Cookies are short text files containing your browsing information that websites store during navigation in order to improve the user experience.
While you are navigating a website, the site sends cookies to your device (PC, notebook, tablet, smartphone, etc.). Such cookies are normally stored by your browser. The website that sent the cookies can then read and record the cookies found on the device in question in order to obtain various kinds of information about the user.
What sort of information? Each type of cookie has a well-defined role.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
There are three general types of cookies, each of which has specific characteristics: technical cookies, profiling cookies and third-party cookies.
- TECHNICAL COOKIES These cookies are necessary for the website to function properly and are indispensable to site use. Without technical cookies, you might not be able to view pages properly or use some services. For example, technical cookies are essential to keeping a user connected throughout a visit to website and to storing language settings, views, etc. Technical cookies may be further sub-divided into: Navigation cookies, analytics cookies and functional cookies.
a. Navigation cookies enable the regular browsing and use of the website (for example, they allow purchases to be made or authentication to be provided for access to protected areas);
b. Analytics cookies are considered technical cookies only when used directly by the site manager to collect information in aggregate form concerning the number of users and the methods whereby users visit the website;
c. Functional cookies allow users to navigate according to a series of selected criteria (for example, language, products selected for purchase, etc.), in order to improve the service provided to the user.
- PROFILING COOKIES Their purpose is to profile users. They are used to send advertising messages over the Internet, according to the preferences expressed by the user during browsing.
- THIRD-PARTY COOKIES They are generated and managed by parties other than the administrator of the website being browsed by the user (generally under a contract between the owner of the website and the third party).
All cookies may also be divided into the following categories:
session cookies are deleted when the browser session ends;
persistent cookies are stored by the browser for a certain period of time.
Persistent cookies are used, for example, to identify the device that is connecting to the website, thus facilitating the authentication process for the user.
The following table provides a summary of how our own and third-party cookies are used on our website. Cookies are used:
- to determine the total number of visitors to our website on an ongoing basis;
- to determine the type of browser (Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer) and operating system (e.g., Windows or Macintosh) used to visit our website;
- to monitor the website’s performance – including how visitors use it – in order to improve the site;
- to personalize and improve the user’s online experience.
WHAT COOKIES DOES THIS WEBSITE USE?
Your consent applies to the following websites: OnlinePrices.co.uk
HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES
Most browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) are configured to accept cookies.
However, the cookies stored on your device’s hard drive can be deleted and cookies use can be disabled by following the instructions provided by the major browsers, available from the following links:
- Click on the Chrome menu in your browser’s toolbar.
- Select “Settings.”
- Click on “Advanced.”
- In the “Privacy and Security” section, click on the “Content settings” button.
- You can change cookie settings in the “Cookies” section.
To block cookies in Safari in iOS 8 or later, select Settings > Safari > Block Cookies and then choose from “Always allow,” “Allow from websites I visit,” “Allow from current website” or “Always block.” In iOS 7 or less recent versions, select “Never,” “From third parties and advertisers” or “Always.”
- Click on the menu button and then select “Preferences.”
- Select the “Privacy” panel.
- Under the “History” section, select “Use custom settings.”
- To enable cookies, check the box “Accept cookies from sites”; to disable them, uncheck the box.
- To open Internet Explorer, click on the “Start” button. In the search window, type “Internet Explorer” and then click on Internet Explorer in the list of results.
- Click on the “Tools” button and then on “Internet options.”
- Click on the “Privacy” tab and then in “Settings” move the slider to the top to block
- all cookies or to the bottom to allow all cookies and then click on “OK.”
- Blocking cookies could prevent some Web pages from displaying properly.
Some cookies are needed to track and profile “behavioural advertising.” At this address you will find a definition and explanation, which it is hoped may be easily understood by all types of users.
Simply put, behavioural advertising is a practice based on Internet browsing habits that allows brands to send advertising messages to users over the Internet according to their interests.
It is secure, transparent and intended to give control to consumers.
At this link you will find a thorough explanation of your online choices and information about how to disable behavioural advertising. http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
To verify and directly manage advertising cookies, visit the following address:
http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/le-tue-scelte/, where you can able and disable various companies’ cookies individually, at the level of your browser.
OPTIONAL DATA SUBMISSION
Except as stated regarding navigation data, the user is free to provide personal data listed in the request forms to OnlinePrices.co.uk or however indicated in contacts with the Office to request any informative material or other communications. Failure to provide these data may make it impossible to obtain what has been requested. It must be remembered that in some cases (not concerning the ordinary management of this site) Authorities may request news and information under Art. 157 of the Legislative Decree No. 196/2003, for the purpose of monitoring the processing of personal data. In these cases replying is mandatory, under penalty of an administrative fine.
Personal data are processed by automated tools for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected. Specific security measures are observed to prevent the loss of data, illegal or incorrect use and unauthorised access.
RIGHTS OF INTERESTED PARTIES
Subjects whose personal data are concerned have the right at any time to obtain confirmation of the existence or otherwise of such data and to know their content and origin, verify their accuracy or request them to be integrated, updated or rectified (Art. 7 of the Legislative Decree No. 196/2003). Under this Article interested parties have the right to request cancellation, transformation into anonymous form or blocking of data processed unlawfully, and to oppose their processing in any case, for legitimate reasons.
Requests should be made to the Communication and Marketing area of Pinguyweb. with registered office in Viale del Ledra, 90 in Udine (Italy).